Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lean on Me



What?! What?!...I don’t  wanna be posted at this kind of scholl!!! This is not a school which I ever imagine before….well, being in this school is very challenging. It needs lots of energy and understanding to deal with the students. I wanna be like Mr. Clark =)
1. Entertainment value?
I love this movie!! Although it seems to be lots of serious matters in it, I was amused by the students of Eastside High School. It shows to me how fortunate I am to be a teacher. How a teacher can touch a life and change it for a better one. Furthermore, it shows that how society mistreated the children by not even trying to understand them

2. Effect on you as B.Ed TESL student?
As a teacher-to-be, I learn a lot from this movie. The key to a successful learning is not blaming the students. Everything is on the teachers’ hands. We are the one who carried the responsibility to shape them as a good person and get them ready for the real world. 





3. Relate this story to teachers whom you know in the past?
I could not recall any of my teachers who resemble Mr. Clark. Most of my teachers usually chalk and talk and no other further involvement with the students. But there is a teacher who changes my whole life. Her name is Teacher Aishah Abd Ghani. Because of her, I shifted from science streams and become a language teacher. She is not as strict as Mr. Clark but she does gain our respects and very understanding.

4. Practical/theoretical lesson you learned
This movie is worth watching. This movie has its own twist of moral issues educators must face in schools and the message reaches out to all. Mr.Clark for one inspired me. It is ok to be strict and stern with your student, as long as you know how to reach out to and for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment