Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Childhood Story...

I don't like to read since my childhood time. But I love books very much. I always spend my time at a small library in my village. I browsed lots of books and spend the whole day there just looking at the pictures in the book and read a sentence or two which catch my attention. I love this one book written by Roger Hargreaves which is MR. NOISY!!! XD



1)    The reason/s why you choose the story
I choose this story because this is the first book I read from the front page till the back page. During that particular time, I found out that book has lots of pictures and the sentences in each page just about 3-5 lines. It really attracts me to read it.
2)    What element/s in the story that make you think that the story is interesting
As the title of the book, MR. NOISY, it does use lots of ‘noisy’ in it. It tries to explain what is noisy. Not only that, it contains lots of illustrations which make the book more interesting to the kids.

3)    The portrayal on characters in the story
The main character is Mr. Noisy who always make noises. Noise is his thing. He shouts when he speaks. Even he stomp his feet when he walks which produce a loud noise because he live up a hill. In the story, he learns his lesson and he did not make any noise anymore right after that. He also learns how to WHISPERS~~ =)

4)    The plot of the story
Noisy is always loud. He lives on top of a hill and must go to Wobbletown at the bottom of the hill to do errands. He shouts to Mrs. Crumb, the baker, "I'D LIKE A LOAF OF BREAD!" and he shouts to Mr. Bacon, the butcher, "I'D LIKE A PIECE OF MEAT!" Having just about had it with Mr. Noisy's noisiness, Mrs. Crumb and Mr. Bacon come up with a plan. Next day, when Mr. Noisy goes shopping at both their shops again, Mrs. Crumb and Mr. Bacon just pretend not to hear him. Next day, when Mr. Noisy tries again at both shops, he realizes that he has to be quiet if he's to get what he wants. He also learns not to clump his shoes, not to open and shut doors loudly, and he also learns to whisper.

5)    The suitability of the story as children story
This is a fun reading story. Children will learn about the adjective and as well as the moral values contain inside. The story is not too long and the words are not that hard. Children also are help by the illustration to gain a better understanding about the story. It is a really nice and sweet story which is suitable for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment